Tuesday, September 1, 2009

rambling like nobody's business

So today was a litte interesting, nothing too crazy or anything. Just slightly interesting. The store that I had put my application into called back a couple times. I had returned a couple phone calls but we just kept missing eachother. When I finally got ahold of someone, Linda is her name, it went completely different than I was imagining it being. I had an interview with a gentleman named Bobby, it was kind of different but he seemed very set on me working the morning shifts in the stockroom. That shift would be primarily 5:00am to 9:30am Monday through Friday. But some of the days when shipments were bigger I would stay until 12pm Which wouldn't be that bad. I talked it over with Mark though and I realized that it might not be the smartest decision I could make. I mean it wouldn't be so bad if things were a little different but in the current situation I dont think I should choose something that has the potential to put any of my relationships at odds. Okay but back to the conversation with Linda, once I finally got her oh the phone I told her who I was and she sounded excited to hear that it was me and she quickly added that she had my schedule for me. I told her that Bobby hadn't even gone over the pay or dress code or any sort of thing so I wasn't expecting that to be what the phone call was about. She apologized for the misunderstanding and told me that she thought Bobby had handled all those details. I said that was fine we all have momentary flubs of communication, it's a fact of life. She then told me that I was scheduled for Thurs 5:45pm to 9:45pm and the same on Friday and then that I was scheduled Saturday from 9am to 5:45pm. This surprised me because 1) it wasn't at all what Bobby had mentioned 2) it didn't even correspond completely with my initial input on my availability. Needless to say I was a bit taken aback, but then it hit me that it wouldn't have the same effect on my day to day life as the other schedule would so maybe I should give it a go. Plus I'm extremely interested in this at home business adventure but it does need a little funding and at this current moment I have no means to fund it with so I perhaps would have at least a little bit of money to start the ball rolling on what I really do want to do. . . . At this specific moment my mind is racing with ideas and possibilities on several different things and then my mind just runs off with something because if this one thing works out then maybe it'll lead to this other awesome thing that perhaps would eventually lead to that and yada yada yada, needless to say I've had one to many cups of coffee and feel a nap coming on ~*~if only this were la la land~*~

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that just kind of sprung up didn't it, remember though don't spread yourself to thin.

    ReplyDelete