Wednesday, December 30, 2009

who would have thought!

who would have thought that the scale going down 5 pounds would be so exciting for me! :) I've been telling myself that as long as I'm happy with me, and taking care of myself that I shouldn't be so hard on myself about my weight. I got my gazelle which i haven't had in a long long time, and I've been using it for the last two days since I got it, 20-30 mins. Which isn't much but that's as long as I can get the baby to nap for at a time during the day. AND it's 20-30 mins more than I have been doing. . . . On a different note, the girls were going to take a bath with their Christmas present, a bubble maker. I started the water and went to fasten the strap onto the little machine which wasn't working so I decided I'd just hold the machine on the side of the tub. I poured the right amount of bubble soap into the machine and turned it on. . . and nothing, absolutely nothing. I decided to go online and search for maybe some better advice on how to use it. I found a site and you wouldn't believe the review. They said that the strap wouldn't work, it was to hard to connect (just like mine) it also said that no matter the amount of the bubble soap it still wouldn't work (just like me) it then went on to say that it was one of the biggest disappointments for her kids because of how excited they were and how it didn't work at all. So I took a deep breath and prepared myself to go in and tell the princess it wasn't going to work. As I got into the bathroom, I took another deep breath and then just realized that I wasn't going to tell her, I was gonna make it work!!! I stepped on the machine and pushed the hook of the strap as hard as I could into the back where it was suppose to attach and it finally stuck! Then I turned it on and nothing was happening so I hung the machine from the nozzle of the bathtub and poured some baby shampoo into it. Nothing. I poured some princess shampoo into it. Nothing. Then I filled an empty bottle of shampoo with water and poured it into the machine as well. A few bubbles, and then nothing. I reached out to the bubble maker and rotated it to the side so I could get a better look at the back without taking it off the nozzle. POOF! a million bubbles just came pouring out! It was pretty cool, so I've learned that you have to mix the bubble soap with water, swish it around and then tilt it on it's side to get it started and then it'll be good to go.

2 comments:

  1. Good detective work, my dear! Toys are usually more difficult for adults to figure out than we expect, huh? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is cool, the unlimited possibilities when you refuse to give up !!!

    ReplyDelete