Wednesday, August 19, 2009

New Job

Today was an interesting day. I woke up early, by early I mean before the baby. I showered made some coffee checked my mafia wars on facebook. I did all this at my own pace, in the quiet. It was close to surreal. I realized that I've missed such events. I put in an online application for a clothing store last week and yesterday they called me for an interview today at 10:30am. I showed up 15 mins early and was told I could wait in the break room for the interview to begin. It was quite interesting. There were 5 other employees there, all whom were on their breaks. I didn't feel like just throwing myself into their conversation so I pulled out my wallet bible and began reading it. I couldn't help but overhear their conversation though, I continued reading as the discussion was about the previous assistant manager being let go along with a few employees because they were selling drugs during and after business hours. I began to think to myself if this was the place to apply. As I finished the last prayer in the wallet bible the manager on duty came into the room and said that he was ready. I walked into the back room to have a one on one interview. It went pretty well, we both had worked in another clothing store at different times. So we had some stuff in common. He seemed pleased with the fact that I actually preferred to work in the early mornings. He offered me a position in the stockroom where most of the shift would be before store hours. The interview came to a close on a good note and I was informed that I'd hear back on Friday about more details of the schedule and such. Now that I'm home and writing about it I have a mix of emotions, excitement mostly because I'd like to get out of the house a little, but he made it sound like it was serious work, which makes me hesitant. Although I've done very similar work at the other clothing store I was employed at. We shall see, I think I should at least give it a go. I could at least work enough to get my crafting up and going.

3 comments:

  1. Nothing wrong with serious work :) Good for the soul. Good luck I am sure it will go fine. Cute pictures of the girls.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats, Coco! I am sure you will do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will be good to get out of the neighborhood for a bit each day, Congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete